L'OREAL Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

After all of the press this little .5 oz jar has been getting, I had to try it.
This is a face primer that is mostly made up of dimethicone, a silicone ingredient that smoothes the surface of the skin.  It doesn't really soak in to the skin but rather acts a barrier/base for minimizing the appearance of fine lines.  It creates an even and smooth surface to apply a foundation on.  I find that I don't need as much make-up coverage in general when using this primer first, simply because there's less to hide after using this first.
I use it in the morning under my liquid moisturizer with tint.  I apply it around the eye area and the marionette lines or "parenthesis"  (  ) or nasolabial folds around my mouth.  It does not get clumpy when I apply my liquid tint moisturizer and really gives my skin a smooth, more youthful appearance.
I apply about a half pea size for around my crows area of the eyes, then a half pea size for the marionettes.
I usually spot treat with this product but you could spread a thin layer all over the face and neck, especially for pictures.
This product is non-comedogenic (won't clog pores) and fragrance free.
My only complaint is that it doesn't come in bigger jar!
At around $12, it's a must have for any make up kit.
PS, this primer is colorless as are most.
Won't you join in next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment